Date(s) - Monday, June 11, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
HOLISTIC DECISION MAKING
June 11 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
A$110.00 – A$160.00
Holistic Decision Making (HDM) is an approach to making great things happen in a way that increases quality of life for all involved. When we make decisions holistically, we:
- get real clear on what we really want, on what quality of life means for us
- use the power of the decisions we make (large and small) to move toward this without unintentional social, ecological or financial stuff-ups
- seek and use feedback to stay on track
In doing so, life and life projects start feel less like that things that are happening to you (or dragging you along for the ride) into things that you are intentionally doing or living. At the same time, you start shedding the parts of your life that are not authentic or don’t really belong and both strengthening and adding
Holistic decision making can be applied to yourself, your family, any business or project you are part of. We apply it to all of these things and more.
Though appropriate for anyone working in any decision-making context, in this workshop, held in Cygnet, a region rich in farmers, we invite both farmers and non-farmers. Dan will be sure to cater to small farmers feeling like they’d like a better system for driving their enterprise forward with better decision making.
This workshop will cover:
- The entire approach clearly explained using real life examples, games and practical exercises.
- Creating what we call a ‘context’ for yourself, your family or an organisation/business you are part of that captures deepest values, mission and desires along with what must be done and nurtured to achieve them.
- Using that context to filter decisions and take actions based on their relevance to this context.
- Seeking and using feedback to actualise, maintain, and evolve your context.
Holistic decision making is something Dan finds invaluable and integral in his personal and family life, and also in his work as a permaculture designer and educator.
“Life changing … you won’t be disappointed” ~ Fiona“The holistic management system is probably the most useful tool I have ever been given which I have used mostly for personal/ family blossoming and could use in so many more ways” ~ Amandine
You can get a feel for this approach here.
Dan Palmer is deeply passionate about this topic and uses a variety of facilitation tools to create an adaptive space in which all participants give each other permission to share openly and to support each other in understanding then applying the holistic management framework.
“Going through the holistic management process was priceless for both personal life and a future business. Using that approach changes everything and gives me a lot of confidence going forward” ~ Erica
“Dan Palmer, was candid, encouraging and focused; helping each person get clarity on where they were at and what they could do to simultaneously achieve their goals and be more aligned with their values” ~ Amanda
“Very, very useful for achieving focus and the motivation behind my idea – recommend it to everyone” ~ Michelle
ABOUT DAN PALMER
Dan is co-founder of Permablitz, Landed, Living Design Process, Holistic Decision Making, Making Permaculture Stronger and Very Edible Gardens. He has a PhD in systems thinking and contagious levels of enthusiasm for what it is he’s decided to do with his life. He currently lives with his wife and two daughters in a small home in Castlemaine.
We’re holding this workshop in central Cygnet, all details will be provided to students closer to the workshop .